A lot of us are on overload! Some tests and trials we are to go through alone, but some we are not to go through alone. Find out what the Word of God says we are to do when we feel overwhelmed or overloaded. We believe, as you read these notes, God’s Word is working in and through you.
1 Peter 5:7 (AMP) 7 casting all your cares [all your anxieties, all your worries, and all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares about you [with deepest affection, and watches over you very carefully].
- Our bodies were not created to live on overload or overwhelmed all the time
- Take our worries and anxieties to the Lord
- God cares about us and listens to us!
- Unload the load I’m carrying on God (not my family) every day
Psalm 61:1-3 (AMP) 1 Hear my cry, O God; Listen to my prayer. 2 From the end of the earth I call to You, when my heart is overwhelmed and weak; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I [a rock that is too high to reach without Your help]. 3 For You have been a shelter and a refuge for me, A strong tower against the enemy.
- Pray and don’t panic when you are overwhelmed
- Our response determines everything
- How we respond to trials and impossibilities determines the kind of life we live
- Our response is critical to our future
- Choose faith and not fear and doubt
- God will give us the right perspective
- The devil is a master at the art of exaggeration
- Prayer should change our perspective
Jonah 2:7 (TLB) 7 “When I had lost all hope, I turned my thoughts once more to the Lord. And my earnest prayer went to you in your holy Temple.
- Everything starts with a thought
- Thoughts precede our behaviors and attitudes
- Don’t let the world be the last word in our lives
What does the Word say?
Jesus is the way out!
What do we do?
1. Refocus - whatever we focus on gets bigger
2. Recognize changes I need to make
3. Remind myself of God’s promises
4.Remember all God has done for me
5. Resist negative thoughts
7. Rebuild and not just resume
8. Relationships are they adding to or diminishing my life
Galatians 6:1-5 (KJV) 1Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. 4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5 For every man shall bear his own burden.
- We need relationships and fellowships to help us through the heavy burdens